IV Ketamine Treatment
Dr. Omar Awan MD
You’re in the right place. We are in the forefront of an innovative treatment that is changing people’s lives. We’re the premier ketamine center in Broward County offering intravenous Ketamine Infusion. According to studies this advanced, extraordinarily effective treatment is known to provide 70% effectiveness in relieving mood disorders along with many other conditions.
IV Ketamine Infusions are safe, rapid and extremely effective for depression. In fact, Ketamine Infusions target both mood and anxiety and can result in positive treatment outcomes for:
- Severe or Chronic Depression
- Bipolar Depression
- Suicidal Ideations
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- PTSD (post- traumatic stress disorder)
Low dose ketamine administered intravenously has been shown to stimulate new connections in the brain, and represents a true shift in our approach to depression, anxiety, and other conditions. Several scientific studies, including those conducted at Yale and the National Institute of Health, have shown that even a single low dose of intravenously administered ketamine can dramatically improve symptoms associated with depression and anxiety. Moodiness, impaired sleep, decreased sexual desire, impaired appetite and suicidal thoughts can improve within just a few hours. Many studies have shown a series of treatments can lead to dramatic responses and to sustained remission much more quickly than any other medications prescribed. In recent studies at Yale and Columbia research has shown that ketamine can re-establish interrupted nerve connections that are necessary to process and overcome traumatic memories. This makes it a great treatment for PTSD. We provide IV Ketamine Treatment as a rapid opportunity for remission and as add-on therapy to the psychiatric treatment you may already be receiving. Most people receive 6 treatments about over 2-3 weeks. The treatment is administered within a safe and comfortable environment-not a hospital or clinic.
FAQs: IV Ketamine Treatment
Will IV ketamine help my treatment resistant depression?
- Based on research at major medical centers over the past 15 years, up to 70% of all patients can expect significant and fast relief. While we can’t predict your individual results we base our results on evidence- based medicine. We use evidence-based treatment protocols and we tailor your treatment to offer the best possible results.
Can I get Addicted?
- NO. At the doses we give it is not likely. However as a street drug known as “special K”,or “vitamin K”, those doses are addictive. The anesthetic doses are also much higher. There are no known long-term effects from low dose IV ketamine.
What medical conditions could keep me from receiving ketamine?
- There are a few. We’ll discuss any contraindications to IV ketamine that you may have during your evaluation.
Do I need to be referred by a psychiatrist?
- No, or a family member may call, as well as your psychiatrist, PCP, therapist, or other specialists. We do not need their referral or approval, however we would like for them to be aware of your treatment. We have no interest in taking you away from other professional support which can be adjunctive care, we just want to work in coordination.
Will I require ketamine infusions for the rest of my life?
- Probably not. Some patients achieve long-term relief after a series of infusions, while some come back for a single booster infusion on a monthly basis or even less frequently.
Where is the treatment?
- All of our IV ketamine infusions are administered on an outpatient basis in our relaxing office with our friendly and understanding staff. The infusion will take place in a private room on a comfortable couch for 45 mins. Then you will recover for 15 minutes, and go home with your ride.
Will my current psychiatric medications interfere with IV ketamine treatment?
- NO. They will not interfere nor does one have to taper any medications.
Will my insurance company pay for ketamine treatment?
- NO. IV Ketamine treatment for mood and anxiety disorders is an innovative treatment using ketamine off-label, so insurance companies do not provide reimbursement. Please call us about our fees. We also offer interest free financing through Advance Care. Other payment options are cash, VISA, and MASTERCARD.